In 75 minutes Cole will attempt to convert the most diehard color photographers to black and white. He will be showing images from each of his portfolios, interspersed with his photographic philosophies, including:
- Why you shouldn’t listen to other’s advice.
- Photographic Celibacy.
- Capture Vs Creating
- Ansel’s Already done Ansel
- Equipment is not nearly as important as you think
- Don’t compare your work to others
- What photographic rules you should follow
- To create great images you must go to great locations…
- Cole’s Rule of Thirds
And most importantly (even more important than black and white), he will be discussing what he believes is the most essential ingredient to a great image: your Vision.
Cole Thompson is uniquely unqualified to speak on photography:
I don’t have a degree in art or photography, I’ve never taken a class or workshop, I’ve never worked as a photographer, I have no gallery representation and I’m not a Canon Explorer of Light.
Do I have any qualifications? Yes, my images…nothing else matters!
The event has ended, but NPN members can view a recording. You can sign up for a free 30 day trial to view it as well.